Business Services Manager
We’re pleased to announce an exciting opportunity for a Business Services Manager to join our successful and growing business. Please see the full job description below…
BECOME PART OF THE SKS FAMILY
Business Services Manager
Are you ready for change and a new challenge?
SKS Business Services are looking for a Business Services Manager to join the SKS Group. Based at SKS Westlake Clark the successful candidate will work across both Southampton and Lymington offices.
SKS are looking for an experienced, qualified, Manager or Senior Accountant who can take responsibility for a part of client fees. The SKS Group is growing rapidly and thus requires pro-active and aspirational Managers/Senior Accountants who can provide value added advisory services to the client and support the Audit process from time to time.
SKS Business Services has over 30 offices nationwide and aims to double in size within the next 18 months.
As you would belong to a rapidly growing business your own progression should be very quick, provided that, you have right skills and behaviour.
Click here to find out more about the SKS Group.
- Accounts review, preparation, and finalisation (both with and without junior staff)
- Tax, (income tax, corporation tax, capital gains tax, VAT, national insurance, etc).
- Management accounting (monthly and / or quarterly).
- Setting and implementing budgets for assignments in which you are personally involved. Ensuring, as far as possible (and allowing for circumstances within your control), that budget expectations are met and realised.
- Ensuring invoices are raised and sent to clients in a timely fashion at the end of an assignment or on an interim basis for longer assignments. Monitoring work in progress and billing to achieve targets.
- Running one off projects in conjunction with Directors.
- Proactively encourage adoption of new, technological better and more efficient processes.
- Working directly with the Director to ensure that client correspondence, emails and telephone calls are progressed and answered in a timely fashion, maintaining a level of time prioritisation and working impetus that is compatible with fee income and expenditure
- Dealing with (in conjunction with other Directors) Director correspondence, telephone calls and emails during Director absences (including holiday and sickness)
- Ensure that Director’s client communication processes are completed in a timely manner, which includes assisting Directors’ PAs, Business Services and Audit managers and Directors’ Technical Assistants on the following:
- Email and Phone Responses
- Information Request Letters (and chasers)
- Business Year End Letters (and chasers)
- Bank Audit Letters
- Annual Return Letters or similar
- Quarterly Newsletters, Budget booklets etc
- Ad-Hoc client information / marketing letters
- Establish an efficient working relationship with Directors’ PAs and Directors’ Technical Assistants.
- Encourage the highest quality standards for the firm’s outgoing emails, letters, accounts, and reports.
- Supervising staff reporting to or seconded to you.
- Interacting with colleagues at all levels in different teams and the same team to ensure that they deliver their responsibilities in a timely manner.
- Contributing constructively to the firm, through leadership and example. Projecting and conducting yourself as a positive and helpful role model for other, and more junior, members of staff.
- Active involvement in evolving, introducing, and implementing best practice across the firm in all of the areas.
- Business Development – assist SKS Business Development as required to acquire new clients. Meet prospective clients, discuss requirements, and create proposal (with assistance from Directors as required).
- Extend the value chain by introducing new services to existing clients at all touch points.
Achieve and demonstrate high levels of competence in:
- Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Digital suites to include Personal Tax, Accounts Production (and Advanced), Corporation Tax, Practice Manager, Practice Advanced and Company Secretarial.
- Acting as product ‘champion’ for DAPA and Co Sec.
- WLC’s other IT applications.
- Actively participate in marketing and client development programmes.
Responsibility and Confidentiality:
- Promote, demonstrate, and encourage high standards both inside and outside the firm.
Training and Career Development:
- Take an active part in CPD training
- ACA/ACCA with at least 5 years of post-qualification experience
- Accounting, Tax, reporting Skills, time management, supervision/management skills, Word/Excel, accounting, and tax packages.
- The individual should have attention to detail, deadline-oriented and keen on research.
- Green commute program
- Corporate Cash Plan
- Corporate Health Care Plan
- Generous holidays
- NEST Pension Scheme
- Employee events
- Client referral schemes
- Employee awards
And many more…
If you are interested in applying for this position or you would like to find out more click below to contact us.