Group Head of Tax
We’re pleased to announce an exciting opportunity for a Tax expert to join our successful and growing business. Please see the full job description below…
BECOME PART OF THE SKS FAMILY
Group Head of Tax
Are you a leader with the ability to take on the role of SKS Business Services Group Head of Tax?
SKS Business Services are looking for an inspiring individual to support group Directors and lead their Tax team to success. With over 30 offices nationwide, the award-winning organisation aims to double in size within next 18 months!
Click here to find out more about the SKS Group.
To meet the growth objectives, there is requirement for dynamic leaders, who can work in a fast paced environments, to take the Group forward.
As you would belong to a rapidly growing business your own progression should be very quick, provided that you have right skills and behavior.
The role will be based in Richmond, Surrey.
– Support Group directors and developing your own portfolio of clients.
– Monitor Group-wide processes for the filing of annual personal tax returns, P11ds, ATEDs, etc.
– Lead Group’s tax advisory function:
- Income tax.
- Capital gains tax.
- Inheritance tax.
- R&D tax credit.
- Transfer pricing.
- Tax planning for High Net Worth Individuals (HNWI), including Trusts
- Indirect taxes.
- Be a lead in solving client issues as a result of Brexit.
- Deal with VAT related enquiries.
- Update Group directors on latest developments in tax and the impact it can have on advice we provide to the clients.
- Leading tax enquiries as required.
– Introduce best practice across the Group:
- Active involvement in evolving, introducing and implementing best practice across the firm in all of the areas above.
- Keeping yourself up to date with the latest technical tax pronouncements.
- Promoting and monitoring the use of Firm’s Technical Tax Manuals.
- Promoting the use of the firm’s Technical library.
- Distributing HMRC communication updates on a timely basis.
- Contributing actively as a member of relevant firm and Group working committees in specialist areas.
– IT – develop familiarity with and using the Group’s tax software packages:
- Iris personal tax, corporation tax and document management.
- Croner-I technical manuals and training.
- Other tax softwares e.g. CCH/Digita.
– Commercial responsibilities:
- Dealing with month and quarterly billing targets.
- Maintaining a high level of time prioritisation and work impetus that is compatible with fee income and expenditure.
- Setting and implementing budgets for assignments in which you are personally involved. Ensuring, as far as possible that budget expectations are met and realised.
- Supporting commercial opportunities with clients yielding increased fees and recovery.
- Contributing to the development and growth of the client base through good service and support of marketing initiatives.
– Other leadership responsibilities:
- Contributing constructively to the firm, through example and support to senior management.
- Projecting and conducting yourself as a positive and helpful role model for others including more junior members of staff.
- Encouraging and maintaining the high levels of confidentiality expected of all members of the firm.
- Running one off projects in conjunction with other Group directors.
- Managing tax network in the Group.
- Managing the Tax Manager.
- Green commute program
- Corporate Cash Plan
- Corporate Health Care Plan
- Generous holidays
- NEST Pension Scheme
- Employee events
- Client referral schemes
- Employee awards
And many more…
Please only apply if your experience and skills meet the criteria above and if you currently live/work in the UK.