We’re pleased to announce an exciting opportunity for a Senior Accountant to join our successful and growing business. Please see the full job description below…
BECOME PART OF THE SKS FAMILY
Job Role: Senior Accountant.
Experienced qualified Accountant with Tax experience/qualification required to take responsibility for a part of client fees for Redcar, a long-established and successful practice based in Teesside.
Job Location: SKS Bailey Group, Redcar.
Reports to: Practice Manager.
To review work compiled by the accounts team, to liaise with and to provide financial information to the clients from the reports produced. To effectively manage in-house teams across all locations and a shared services team based in India. To assist the Head of Tax as required. To assist with the growth of the practice through management of current clients and acquisition of new clients.
Role & Responsibilities:
The ideal candidate will be client facing and will want to work in a fast-growing fast paced company.
The Responsibilities are:
- Reviewing financial statements prepared by the team and recommend financial actions from analysing the reports.
- Reviewing Self-Assessment Tax Returns prepared by the team, ensuring tax is minimised efficiently.
- To be the point of contact for client liaison and meeting clients to discuss accounts.
- Advise clients on areas of business improvement.
- Deal with various client requests and adhoc duties.
- Assistance with companies and structures in the property sector.
- Weekly update with SKS Business Services on meetings as required/possible.
- Improve processes by developing or implementing best practices.
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops – reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
Assist SKS Business Development Director as required to acquire new clients. Meet prospective clients, discuss requirements, and create proposals (with assistance from Directors as required).
Extend the value chain by introducing new services to existing clients at all touch points.
The Group has specialist directors so considerable technical support is available to fulfil the above responsibilities.
- Minimum 3 years of experience working in practice.
The ideal candidate will be an ACCA/ACA qualified accountant or equivalent.
Skills & Qualities:
- Good interpersonal skills, particularly verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to delegate work downwards and train people to a required standard.
- Ability to work to tight deadlines and control several projects at once.
- Excellent analytical and review skills with the ability to communicate financial issues to senior management and directors.
- Strong commitment to professional client service excellence.
- Appropriate knowledge and skills in your technical field.
- Ability to use software packages such as Microsoft Outlook / Office / Excel and Word.
- Good knowledge of accounting software – Ideally Xero and IRIS .
Training on all software is available.
Working hours per week: Monday to Friday (37.5 hours)
Salary: Negotiable based upon experience.